Program description: The program works to consolidate social justice in the villages and governorates.Where the government and people of Egypt have lived and lived on the principles and values of human and social justice. Throughout history, development gaps have occurred as a result of lack of data , centralization, limited resources and planning and bureaucratic problems. Egypt has a constitution and a government that seeks social justice. The government adopts several executive programs, including the “Takaful w Karama” Program implemented by the Ministry of social solidarity. The Ministry of Local Development is working with other ministries to establish social justice and empower society to participate in development.
Vision: Available services with good quality and appropriate cost to the people of the villages and different communities.
- Basic facilities: Completion of final sanitation links.
- Price: Provide food commodities at affordable prices for citizens consumer protection
- Treatment: Raising the efficiency of services in rural health units.
- Preparing young people: supporting the establishment of modern nurseries in the Egyptian villages.
Program 1: Completion of sanitary drainage connections
Objective: Completion of the delivery of household connections to wastewater units for projects that have been completed and are not operational.
Priority has been given to extending the sanitation service to the poor parts in the villages. A program has been established to serve 2 million citizens. The first phase includes the implementation of 211641 sanitation facilities for 1,060 million people in 138 villages.
- On 15/5/2017, a protocol was signed in cooperation with the Ministry of Housing and Construction (The Holding Company for Drinking Water and Sanitation) to implement the household sanitation links required for the most-favored families in the poor villages.
- The Ministry of Local Development allocated LE 250 million for the first tranche to start implementing these links.
- The Holding Company undertook to carry out implementation for each phase in three months after a period of two months of initial preparation.
- The Central Bank has opened an account for the social justice program.
- In coordination with the Holding Company for Water and Sanitation it was agreed to collect fees for implemeting sewerage connections.
- Funding available from the Ministry of Local Development is considered as a revolving fund to be used in the implementation of household sanitation connections for the most underpriviledged families.
Coordination took place with the Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank to ease the burden of interest on citizens.
Program 2: Food Commodities
Objective: To provide food commodities with affordable prices to citizens and to protect consumers .
- To coordinate with the governorates and concerned authorities to provide sites for the establishment of food outlets and trade chains and to provide mobile outlets in order to reach food commodities at suitable prices for citizens.
- Supporting the efforts of the State to provide goods to citizens at appropriate prices in addition to coordinating with The Ministry of Supply and Foreign Trade, the Ministry of Agriculture and Land Reclamation, the Ministry of Interior, the Administrative Control Authority and the National Service and General Intelligence Services were established. The map includes the total number of outlets belonging to the various state agencies.
- Coordination with governorates to provide land in different areas suitable for the establishment of commercial chains and outlets of food commodities, and these sites were handed over to government bodies wishing to contribute to this activity. (The Ministry of Supply and Internal Trade, the National Service Project Authority, the Engineering Authority of the Armed Forces, etc.).
- Agreement with the Consumer Protection Authority to cover the number of governorates and sign a protocol for cooperation with governorates and to provide and establish branches of the consumer protection system in the governorates, in order to support citizens and protect them from cases of fraud and commercial fraud, to enable and empower the Consumer Protection Authority in governorates and maintain the general price level.
- Assigning the provinces to develop systems to control prices and follow-up and field traffic to prevent manipulation and increase the prices of food commodities.
Constitutional and legislative framework:
- Constitutional articles: 8, 9, 10, 17, 78 and 79.